Monday, September 24, 2007

Apple picking... sort of

My dad picked me up yesterday and he and his wife and I drove outside of Syracuse to get some apples. We went to this farm where they're famous for their apple cider donuts. We didn't get to pick the apples straight from the tree, which is the whole point of apple picking, but at least we bought them fresh and locally. Sylvia got some donuts, but dad and I got the miniature apple pies. The pies were okay, just a little dry; we would have been better off with the donuts.

Afterwards, we drove around the area in Auburn, Skaneateles, and Elbridge. Just cruisin' 'round with no particular destination. It was a beautiful, sunny day for a little road trip. We stopped at the Bass Pro Shop at the Fingerlakes Mall and walked around for a while. When we returned to the city, we stopped to eat at my dad's favorite Chinese restaurant (so far... there have been several). What a way to spend the first day of fall! Now I have a ton of apples to eat!

No comments: