Thursday, December 18, 2008

Taking a tumble

You often hear stories about people slipping and falling in the shower. As far as I know, it's never happened to anyone I know, and I never thought it would happen to me. Needless to say, I was surprised when I went face first this morning.

I had just finished my shower, and I was holding onto the curtain rod for no more than a few seconds when the whole thing just collapsed and fell off the wall, and down I went, to the floor with a crash. I'm glad I just relaxed my body and just let myself fall instead of resisting, because if I resisted the fall I would have hurt myself even more. As I got up, I dried myself off and checked for injuries. I felt a few bruises, but nothing major. When I looked down at my knee, I saw a nice bloody gash. It didn't hurt or anything, although now that I'm cleaning it off it does sting a little. I began to laugh because of the ridiculousness of the situation (the curtain rod coming off the wall) and the fact that it took me by surprise. I thought it was such a strange incident that I decided to mark the occasion by taking pictures of my bloody knee (I know, I'm strange).

Now I have a nice little gash on my left knee and a bathtub without a shower curtain. Now I'll have to take baths instead of showers.

Moral of story: Never hold onto the shower curtain rod, especially if you're uncertain how stable it is.

5 comments:

gardenbug said...

So sorry to hear about your tumble and hope that by now, your knee is healed. Has your landlord replaced the shower rod? I hope so.
I like baths. They don't steam up the bathroom and the room stays cleaner longer. The trouble with them is they are so relaxing that I hate to get out. Nothing like a luxury bath.

gardenbug said...

Hi Anthony. I haven't heard from you for a while. How are you?

Melanie O. said...

Yikes! I'm glad you're OK. I think that bathrooms and kitchens are the most dangerous rooms in the house.

Anthony said...

All is well. My knee is just fine. I just have a little scar. I have a new curtain rod. Now I just need a new shower curtain.

Sabrina Steyling said...

Geez, Anthony, I thought I was the only one who did stuff like this?! Glad to hear you're better now, though. Watch out for those curtain rods... ;)