Thursday, October 18, 2007

Working overtime

Work has been a little different lately. Several of my co-workers have been out (on vacation, another job, etc.) so I've picked up a lot of extra hours lately, covering for other people. All during the month of October, as long as I'm needed, I've had an extra hour in the morning to clean a judge's chambers and courtroom. For a few days this week and last week I had another hour added to that, to clean the 9th floor, which is huge! I took so much garbage out of there, it was crazy.

But I don't mind working overtime. My supervisors know that they can rely on me to be there. The work isn't so strenuous that it's overwhelming. Plus, my paycheck will be a little bit nicer to look at when it comes in the mail!

Songs about work:
Donna Summer - She Works Hard for the Money
Rush - Working Man
Dolly Parton - 9 to 5
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary (also Ike and Tina Turner)
Huey Lewis and the News - Working for a Living

1 comment:

Melanie O. said...

I never minded working extra hours when I got paid an hourly wage. It was nice to see that there was a direct correlation between the time I spent on the job, and what came in my paypacket every week.